A rotary engine or a Wankel engine is a type of internal combustion engine. It has an eccentric rotary design. It was conceived by Felix Wankel, a German engineer and a Wankel engine is very light. It has far less moving parts than that of a piston engine of the same caliber and is far simpler than a piston engine as well. Following are the main advantages of a Wankel engine:
- When compared to a piston engine, a Wankel engine has a far higher power to weight ratio and is approximately 1/3rd its size.
- A Wankel engine has no reciprocating components.
- The rpm (revolutions per minute) ratio is significantly higher than that of a piston engine.
- The engine makes no vibration during operation.
- A Wankel engine is not prone to engine knock or knocking. (Knocking happens when the fuel/air mixture combustion in the cylinder does not start off correctly upon ignition).
- Since the engine consists of only a few parts, a Wankel engine is cheaper to manufacture and mass-produce.
- The engine’s breathing is far superior to that of a piston one since the main shaft rotation is 270 degrees rather than 180 degrees.
- A Wankel engine has the capacity to provide torques for about 2/3rd of the combustion cycle.
- The range of speed is wider.
- Wider octane-rated fuels can be used in a Wankel engine.
- Sump oil contamination does not happen on some Wankel engines, which means no oil change is required.
Visit CardinaleWay Mazda Corona to check out the latest Mazda cars and to explore their line of unique and exciting engine choices.
CardinaleWay Mazda Corona
2595 Wardlow Road
Corona, CA 92882
Easy Related Posts
Twin Turbochargers And Electric Supercharger: Mazda’s Latest Patent
As the saying goes in Alice In Wonderland, “Curiouser and curiouser,” which aptly describes our ...read more
CardinaleWay Mazda Corona Suggests Cleaning Your Car’s Engine
Add cleaning your vehicle’s engine to your list of auto maintenance. It sounds like a ...read more
CardinaleWay Mazda Corona Names The Best Burritos In Corona
Who can resist a spicy, delicious Mexican burrito? CardinaleWay Mazda Corona, your favorite Corona dealership, ...read more
The Impact of The New Toyota-Mazda Plant in the U.S.
On the heels of the surprise announcement that Toyota and Mazda plan to jointly build ...read more