According to Kelley Blue Book, there are things you can do to help maintain your vehicle’s value. CardinaleWay Mazda Corona can even help you with this effort. We’ve listed below 5 simple steps you can take to keep your vehicle in top condition, and it’s never too late to start new habits:
- Keep a regular maintenance schedule. This is where we can help — just bring your vehicle to our Service department, and our highly trained service technicians can show you how to set up a maintenance schedule. Refer to your vehicle owner’s manual for suggested intervals for tire rotations, transmission tune-up and oil filter changes.
- Save receipts for all vehicle service and repairs. Keep your receipts organized in your vehicle owner’s manual. When you sell or trade-in your vehicle down the road, you’ll be able to show that you regularly maintained your car. A complete record of these expenditures will actually help increase the value of your vehicle.
- Regularly clean your vehicle, both interior and exterior. This is quite possibly the most important thing you can do because your vehicle’s appearance will either attract or dismay potential buyers. Anything you put in your vehicle, always take it out when you arrive home. It will help keep the clutter at bay. Consider investing in floor mats and seat covers to protect seats and carpet. Finally, make it a habit to wash your car at least monthly and apply wax as needed. One word of advice—you can do a better job washing your car than the local car wash. If you don’t have the time, there’s likely a neighborhood teenager who would like to earn some extra spending money!
- Be mindful of odors in your vehicle that might be detrimental to its future resale value. This includes residual cigarette smoke and pet odors. At the very least, hang an air freshener in your vehicle and replace it monthly to keep odors at bay.
- Make it a habit not to eat in your vehicle. In this age of fast food drive-ins, this seems like an impossible task. However, food spillage can cause staining on seats and carpet that may be difficult to remove. For instance, mustard or mayo (it’s the oil residue) leave stubborn stains, and a spilled milkshake can leave your car smelling like rotten milk.
We’re On Your Side At CardinaleWay Mazda Corona
Visit us at CardinaleWay #MazdaCorona, your favorite Corona Dealership. We’ve got a great selection of the latest Mazda models including the 2017 Mazda3 sports car or the family-friendly three-row 2017 Mazda CX-9. Check out our website at www.CardinaleWayMazdaCorona.com for a complete listing of our inventory. Click away for more information like our quick pre-approval process or our current special deals.
CardinaleWay Mazda Corona
2595 Wardlow Road
Corona, CA 92882